Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Another Step Forward!

I couldn't write this in my regular status post on FACEBOOK but I wanted to jot this here.

I've been exercising and eating "mostly vegan" for a while now.  I have had many medical issues pertaining to hormone and endocrine issues. PCOS, Hypothyroid, Type II diabetes, hyper-prolactinemia, fertility issues, etc. etc. etc.

The past two months I've been getting my menstrual cycle. Something I haven't had since it stopped when I was about 16 years old. I was told I'd had PCOS, but at the time it was such a new diagnosis that Dr.'s didn't really know what to do with it. So he put me on The Pill to regulate the menstrual cycle and when I got off it because I felt awful 2 years later, I found myself with full blown type II diabetes and hypothyroid disease. It masked the cause but covered the symptoms.

Like clockwork I got my menstrual cycle yet again.  I don't remember EVER having a regular menstrual cycle that came when predicted. I was told we could never conceive for YEARS because I never had an actual period. The Dr.'s just assumed if I didn't have one, I couldn't ovulate to get pregnant. BOY were they ever wrong! In 2009 without fertility meds we conceived Jackson on a mini vacation. I thought I had rectal cancer (no joke, later I found I had a tipped uterus and my left ovary was literally somewhere close to the sphincter)! Most close to us know that our son later passed at 22 weeks gestations just 25 minutes after he was born prematurely to what I later researched was an Incompetent Cervix. 2 years later after we conceived through IUI fertility treatment we had our little rainbow baby.

I'm sure you must be laughing by now. It is funny, but I can assure you that it's NO LAUGHING MATTER for my husband.  I get lower back cramps and I'm worse than a witch to deal with! I have been sick to my stomach, have had the munchies which is abnormal for me and just undoubtedly off emotionally and physically then...SURPRISE!  Holy Cats!  I knew I was hormonal and figured it "could" be but counting the days between the last cycle it was literally shall I say predictable?!

I'd imagine some of you ladies are wondering what all the big deal is but when you go for YEARS without any cycle at all and then have two predictable cycles though I will say I should be quarantined so not to raise hell with those around me for being too forward and too moody.  One gets excited that maybe all the hard work has been paying off.

I WILL say this though.  I am bloated. I wore typical cotton pants, I hated walking out in public feeling bloated but I didn't give a hoot! I feel a ton and it doesn't feel all that great.   Whoa Nelly! Someone help my cranky mood swings and don't look at me the wrong way or my evil looks will haunt you for months!

So, I'm guessing this is a sign that the hard work of eating healthy and exercising is working. Right now however, I am moody, I'm tired, I'm bloated and get the heck outa my way if your on the roads or look at me wrong! Hahaha

Happy Weekend Everyone! Go have some peace and joy. I'm going to find my happy place!



No comments:

Post a Comment