Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014





A sincere thank you to my coach Jamie, my husband Doug, two assistant coaches whom are my yogi Joslyn and my Yoda Kellie. To the guys at Bikeloft N. who've gotten to know me, encourage me and fix anything by means of girlie descriptions (that thing that goes to that other thing). To Steven who has been the ying to Jamie's yang sometimes and rooted me on in conjunction to the tough love that is sometimes received. To Everyone MOXIE those I've actually met like Heidi, Mary, Toby for just noticing me and taking the time to get to know me and encourage me. To those Moxies whom I haven't met yet but inspire me with each race I see picture of and hear about. To Earlin for the shirts. I won't forget that kindness you know!  To Lance and his precious wife whom I haven't met yet but hear so much about, THANK YOU for creating a space for health and wellness. THANK YOU for encouraging women to get involved and for your gift to so many in your (our) community.
To my Tri To Train ladies, CNY Tri Club, My PCP Dr. Hughes, my Physical therapist, Dr.'s and nurses from SOS, for your love, cooperation, prayers and faith. To Bethany for your encouragement and kindness when you sent me the polar monitor. To Shawna and your daughter for getting me through that first training session when I thought "maybe I can't do this bike thing". Thank you for your service and your friendship.  To Kathy who has talked me through some messy ups and downs both with emotions AND with plant-based eating. I don't know what I'd do without you! To Lindsay for swimming with me, making me smile and feel like I belong when all I really wanted to do was run and hide. To Laura for the time you took that day in Wegmans to get to know me and offer yourself as a running buddy sometime.  To Farah and her mother for being the epitome of kindness and encouragement. To SyracuseWomanMagazine for sharing women of CNY with all backgrounds and life experiences who make CNY what it is. To inspire women HERE in our own back yard to BE more and ACHIEVE more! To Iron Girl Syracuse for offering an amazing event FOR women of all body types and reasons for being an Iron Girl. To 4 North at Crouse...You Rock! You are ALL family. Thank you to Lynn who is THE BEST manager to my husband. To my Deanna, Your friendship has helped me heal in ways that only mothers who've lost their children can understand. I've said it before and I'll say it again...This journey wouldn't have begun had God not had his hand in our friendship. He was already taking the pain and working it into all of this. I love you sweet friend!
Finally to family, friends and anyone I've accidentally missed. You are without a doubt Each and everyone I speak of right now a part of this journey.
You see, If you look at this picture in the link below, not only was I dying on the INSIDE, I could barely walk my little girl anywhere. I was physically dying but I pretended everything was okay.
This village of support has been PHENOMENAL! Weight loss doesn't happen with a pill or powder. Emotional healing behind the weight doesn't happen with a knife and surgery. It takes TOTAL transformation. All of YOU played a part in that.
To my coach, husband, daughter my mom and dad Jeff as well as my Moxie group. You've given MORE than anyone could ever imagine. Time, resources, love, encouragement. You have a heart of GOLD.
I do not deserve what I've been given, but I'm going to be sure that my life continues in the direction God has led me since the days he's answered my prayers. The work and commitment that so many put into me, I pray I will be able to give back to another and another and again another! I pray that you ALL know how grateful I truly am as I ask God to bless all of YOU for the gifts and talents or even the loving-kindness you offered to someone who intended to hide instead of shine. I didn't want another day to go by without sharing this HUGE thank you. God speed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment