Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

How To Find Joy In The Midst Of Chaos



Having a pep talk with myself because we're having a little bit of a rough week and it's just started.
Things may break down, plans may fall through and money may be tight, but we have each other and there is ALWAYS hope. I sat here trying to "figure things out" when I looked at the scripture on my wall. "Be still and know that He is God". BE STILL Becky! I sat with my hands in my lap and tears falling down from just feeling overwhelmed ....who's in control?! Where does your HOPE come from Becky?! Psalm 46:1 "The Lord God is my refuge and strength, a help always near in times of great trouble."
Plans fall apart, things break, money may be scarce but we have each other, we're healthy and we have each other! God said that if he takes care of the birds of the sky and fish of the sea how much greater will he care for His people! Even in times of diversity.
I found myself saying, "Lord, I desire joy". I REALLY need joy right now. How in the world do I find joy through the muck and the mire?! Then I remembered two things:
"The JOY of the Lord is my strength." Nehemiah 8:10. I opened the book I've been reading through the last several months by Ann Voskamp calledOne Thousand Gifts and I reflected on the key word to the WHOLE book. EUCHARISTEO (Thanksgiving), she says..."Always precedes the miracle."
Gratitude turns everything we have into ENOUGH. ~Melody Beattie



No comments:

Post a Comment