Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Exercising With Restrictions And Added Weight



The last thing I should ever do is google ailments. lol I left the orthopedic surgeon feeling good. I left the Physical therapist wondering if I'll need a knee replacement for Patella Alta. He made Chondramalsia sound like it was serious stuff but it's a pretty diverse word and an issue that is quite common. Especially for people who are overweight. 

We're stretching and strengthening muscles to build up my knees. While Jamie gets me ready with the pool, aqua running and biking.

Today I did a 4 mile power walk with Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away The Pounds".

If you have exercise restrictions or need to start somewhere, Leslie's 1,2,3,4 or 5 mile workouts are GREAT for rainy or wintery days. They're pretty low impact, work with all levels and create a great sweat.

I did the 4 mile just under and hour with a 20 minute stretch. I feel like I got my exercise in and I know it's burning calories. ESPECIALLY using new muscles as well as the light resistance from the bands.

I encourage you to get out there and start somewhere. Even with restrictions exercise can still be done to aid in weight loss in conjunction with a healthy diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment