Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Putting "Self" Aside To Serve A Purpose.




When I start to doubt myself or start to focus too much on "ME" or "I", I'm so glad that I find solace in Gods Word. Tonight I came head to head with the things that should be my ultimate focus. None of which has solely to do with ME. As we head into the celebration of Easter when Jesus died and rose again to deliver His people to newfound freedom, I was led to Jesus' first Sermon in Luke 4:14-21.

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and the regaining of sight to the blind,
to set free those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”


This reminds me that there is a MUCH bigger picture to look at than only outward appearances or self loath/centeredness. God's plan over our lives is a very important one. When I look at all the things that I fear or stress about, it really is minuscule when thinking about Gods purpose for my life. To love Him, to share that love with others, to share the Gospel, to set an example and to just show mercy, grace and forgiveness to the world when I too have been shown the same thing.

It has occurred to me that while sometimes I focus too much on the wrong things, God has blessed me with SO MUCH goodness this year and years past. It only makes sense to remember that my life, my circumstances, my experiences and my testimony are meant to glorify Him and to minister to the hearts of others and NOT for self-addoration.

Tonight as I sat here panicking about "self", I remember someone MUCH greater who was selfless in His own gift to me through sacrificing His life so that many could LIVE. According to His word, The closer I get to Jesus is the closer I get to God. The closer I get to God, is the closer I get to the poor, blind, enslaved, and imprisoned.

I have to be willing to put all selfish and self-centered thoughts aside and be willing to accept the person God created me to be. I often think of Moses and the burning bush. It blesses my heart that we have a "burning bush" next to our sons grave. You see, Moses didn't think He could be used by God. In the end, we know that he most certainly was because GOD gave Him the strength and power to be used.

A friend of ours several years ago used to say: "Lord, bend me, break me and use me". Wouldn't that be great if we all were able to let go of the control and just let God?

This is where I am at spiritually at the moment. I am FAR from perfect and would like to think that for the most part, "what you see is what you get". If your watching me change physically, my intention is to share that there would be none of it without the spiritual aspect. There would be no balance or freedom in my life without Jesus Christ. I am just a ball of clay ready to be molded.




No comments:

Post a Comment