Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

EXCELLENT Tips For Plant-Based Athletes.


This is a long video but has a WEALTH of information on keeping up with vitamin b12 levels, what veggies are best to eat, Should you go raw or cooked, etc.  I'm planning to use this as a resource to look back.  One thing The Plant-based Dietitian (Julieanna Hever) keeps stating is a food journal which I have started to practice.

I caught something that may help me lose weight a bit more. That is, getting off so many grains.  Not all of them but MUCH of them. I'm going to try an experiment to see if I lose more weight faster by eating specific grains like quinoa and brown rice versus the whole grain breads, pastas, etc.  I love them, but even THOSE can be bad for someone who is trying to lose weight she says.

I also wanted to post her recipe for the electrolyte drink she talks about which can be found on her website which I'll link to below:


Recipe for a Natural Sports Drink:
4 cups water (can substitute partial or all coconut water or tea)
1/4 cup pitted dates or 100% pure maple syrup
Juice of one lemon, lime, or orange
1/4 tsp. salt
Instructions: Blend all ingredients together until dates are liquefied. Pour into sports bottle(s) or store in refrigerator in airtight container for 4-5 days. Makes 1 liter or just over 1 quart.
Source: Julieanna Hever at The Plant-based Dietitian 

No comments:

Post a Comment