Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pushing Beyond What You THINK You Can Do

This week has not gone as I had planned it. Balancing potty training (kudos to you moms & dads out there with more than 1 child), house work, exercise, and eating regularly has been really hard to me this week. Add to that, I'm feeling bloated, moody, and achey all over just gives me a feeling of wanting to curl up in bed and never get out.

I wasn't sure if I should meet up with my yoga instructor today with sinus issues and a sore throat, but both she and my coach thought it was a good idea. ESPECIALLY with the stiff and achey joints which my yoga instructor thought was combination of weather and newness to more intense workouts for me.

She came, I stretched, learned that I'm holding my breath a lot (it's what I do when I'm tense), even did a downward dog (loosely). While I still have some aches and pains in my joints, I feel a heck of a lot better than I did had I not done yoga today. I'm feeling like it's easier to breathe, and much of the tension has loosened up a little.

Tomorrow morning is hydro running in hopes it will loosen my joints and muscles a bit more. I can't help but feel a little disappointed that training hasn't gone as perfect as I wanted.

Here's the most important thing. I feel SO blessed to have a slew of people who are keeping me accountable! My sinuses and body make me feel like a Mac truck hit me. My mind is, well, moody! Not only was I unsure of exercising today, I honestly didn't feel like getting out of bed. Had my yoga instructor and coach not talked with each other and decided to kick my bum in gear, I wouldn't feel better than I did BEFORE I stretched and breathed. It is in a sense win-win when you get past what you think you CAN'T do and just do it! My body feels better for it and my mind is a tad bit clearer.

I really have to thank my coach Jamie and yoga instructor, as well as all the new friends I'm making through the Tri community. Family and friends alike whom are supporting me along the way. There really is no reason to make my goals and I feel REALLY blessed for all that I have. God is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment