Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Yoga and First Jog Longer Than 3 Minute Intervals. 20 minutes To Be Exact.

An hour of yoga with my instructor. THE BEST yoga experience. I learned breathing technique, basic poses and stretched the heck out of my body. last few minutes were a gem with just relaxing. LOVED it! 

If you've only done yoga through a video it's time to get out there and go to a class. A few things I've noticed: Just following a video pose doesn't mean your doing yoga correctly. If your not feeling it, your not doing it right! 

You are more aware of your stretch, technique, breathing and upper/lower body strength at the same time. It's not as easy as it looks. I sweat and I was doing VERY low impact for my body type. LOVED the stretch I was getting, but most importantly the focus I had to have to BREATHE through each pose. Having a yoga instructor is certainly more beneficial. If your looking for an instructor, let me know and I'll hook you up with classes that are available. 

I felt the burn in my upper body today. Can't WAIT to do more! Thanks so much to my yoga instructor for her help and kindness.

Tonight I'm doing a full 20 minute jog (never before done) with a warm up and cool down on the treadmill.  I will try some of the techniques I learned today from yoga to stretch and relax before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment